After two days of cold rain (the gauge has 2.5 inches in it) it was great to see the sun today. I decided to work on the homemade sluice since it needed to be refinished and waterproofed for the upcoming season.
I removed the rubber mat and noticed that some dirt had accumulated in the gaps left when the mat was glued down.
Knowing how sneaky bits of gold can be, I carefully scraped the material in to a pan. There was only about 1 tablespoon
of material, but I panned it out anyway.
Here is the result..
Those of you with a flare on your sluice may want to check the space between the flange and sluice body.
I have found gold stuck there on a couple of occasions.